Cannex 2013 - Booth 934
Visit the intech Booth to learn about Intech Components for:
Belvac necker 595 and 795, Super K
- Drive gears
- Transfer gears
- Transfer box gears for joining two neckers
- Square rams
- Air selector face seals
- Non-lubricated cam followers - For Intech rams & For Belvac rams
For ANC Neckers:
- Drive gears
- Non lub pins
- Cam followers
- Anti-backlash gears
- Inker blades
For Decorator II
- Oscillating cylinder cam and gear
- Shaft scraper
For Reynold Spin Flanger
For RT6 Light Tester
Benefits of self-lubricating Intech Power-Core gears:
- No oil draining or refilling
- No more oil leaks
- Reduced noise
- Absorb shock and vibration
- Integral metal core for high torque transmissions and reduced back lash
- Proven performance, sudden stops (jams) did not damage gears
- High impact strength
- Do not swell or lose tensile strength in moisture
- Available for 575, 795 and modular models
- Used in joining two multi-stage neckers
- Expected (calculated) life: 10 years plus
- Over 300 gears installed in Belvac Neckers
Note: Gears installed in 1994 are still running strong
Savings Achieved with the Intech Ram Program:
- No more lubrication on rams or cam followers. Savings on grease, maintenance time and possible can contamination.
- Low ram replacement cost.
- No more worn cams. Saving cost of replacing a cam and approx. 10 to 15 hrs of lost production.
- Saving on frequent changes of worn metal cam followers, especially on spring pre-loaded high speed models.
- Prevention of premature cam and cam follower wear due to mal-functioning central lubrication system.
- Saving time needed to clean grease from the turret to gain access.
- Proven long ram wear times.
- No more repair and assembly of worn rams. Savings on maintenance.
- Improved rejection rate to about 0.1%. The square rams guide better. No more lift and twist.
- Up to 25% line speed increase is possible due to lighter ram assembly, corresponding lower inertia and easy rolling, lighter weight iCam®Followers.
- 22 to 25% energy savings. We measured 25% less energy consumption on a 795 line equipped with Intech square rams compared with a line using the original Belvac rams.
- Simple, proven design. Full cam contact is assured by slightly reduced cam followers' center distance. Shock load is absorbed by the cam follower tire.
- With the new Intech Ram 40MM you can convert a 10 stage 595 to run 2800 to 3000cpm, a Super-K design speed, for under $500K, and eliminate lubrication and cam wear.
Types of Belvac neckers on which the Intech Exchange Ram can be used:
Intech rams can be installed on turrets alongside Belvac original rams. We recommend installing two Intech rams at a time to balance the turret.
If you have to install a new cam, we recommend installing all Intech rams with iCam Followers® on that turret. You will never have to change that cam again.